Bad Year? Don’t Get Down
So 2013 might not have been your company’s best year.
Don’t let it get you down.
2014 is right around the corner, and it means it’s time to put on a good face.
The numbers are rolling in fast, and goals might not have been met. However, as an owner, showing discouragement and self-loathing can lead to a negative morale across your entire company.
Now is the time to start crunching some numbers, figuring out a budget and showing your employees that 2014 is going to be a great year.
I’m not saying lie to your employees about the numbers for 2013. You should hold a company-wide meeting to inform them realistically about the direction of the company and what those numbers mean.
However, if the numbers are down, don’t let your attitude show it.
Attitude is everything, and as a leader in your company, your employees will feed off how you act.
- Set some goals for 2014, and post them around your office.
- Create an updated or new motto for your company, print it out and share it with your employees.
- Share the numbers with your employees – past and future.
- Find a reason for the negative numbers, and try to come up with ways to improve.
- Be a positive representation around your office at all times
From our partners
When ranchers wage war on mesquite in West Texas, the Vail X…