JCB IMPROVES MARKET LEADING AGRICULTURAL TELESCOPIC HANDLERS
February 11, 2010
Category: Telescoping Handlers
SAVANNAH, Ga. (February 10, 2010) The successful introduction and popular uptake of a sophisticated hydraulics system and servo-assisted joystick control has encouraged JCB to extend these features to all models in the North American Agri telescopic handler range.
“Introducing this upgrade means that farmers and custom operators buying one of our 2010-Agri telescopic handlers will get extra performance as standard,” JCB agriculture product manager, Ray Bingley said. “And by using the Variflow hydraulic system to its full potential, the customer will also enjoy greater fuel economy and a quieter working environment.”
Until now, the Variflow variable output hydraulics system has only been optional on the 541 version of JCB’s Agri telescopic handlers. With the Agri telescopic range upgrade, Variflow hydraulics comes standard on all versions of the 536-60, 541-70 and 535-95 from Agri to Agri Xtra model variations.
The most obvious advantage of Variflow hydraulics is an increase in the maximum oil flow of 37 gpm, up from 29 gpm on the previous gear pump system. But because the pump delivers oil on demand and usable flow rates are available at relatively low engine speeds, it also has potential to improve overall efficiency and fuel economy, 30 gpm oil flow is achieved at just 1750 engine rpm.
The JCB Servo joystick control is also now standard specification on all Agri telescopics for 2010.
“Apart from being low effort and easy to use, the Servo joystick incorporates a forward-neutral-reverse selector switch, so the operator can operate the boom with one hand while keeping a firm grip on the steering wheel with the other,” Bingley said. “And since the hydraulic cylinders react in proportion to joystick movement, operators soon find how much easier it is to control the telescopic boom and attachments smoothly and with great precision.”
On Agri and Agri Plus models, the Servo joystick is mounted on the side console, complete with a comfortable rest to support the operator’s arm.
On the 541-70 Agri Xtra, the joystick is mounted on the seat for added comfort and ease of use. It complements the Hi-Flow hydraulic pipe work on this version, which includes larger bore pipes to the lift and tilt rams and auxiliary circuit to deliver faster responses, reduced cycle times and increased productivity.
A new air suspension seat adds to the driver’s comfort on all Agri models. It not only has better suspension for a more comfortable ride over rough ground but also a heating element to help keep the driver warm on cold days. For more information about JCB’s industry-leading equipment for the construction, agriculture, industrial and waste/recycling markets, or to find a dealer near you, call JCB’s North American Headquarters in Savannah at (912) 447-2000 or visit www.jcbna.com.
All Telescoping Handlers:
- Caterpillar® Introduces Four New Telehandlers Configured To Meet the Needs of North American Contractors
- TL642 w/Outriggers Telehandler
- TL642 Telehandler
- TH220B Telehandler
- Low profile telehandler delivers power in tight spaces
- New Caterpillar® TH406 and TH407 Telehandlers Offer Enhanced Performance, Control, Versatility and Serviceability
- GEHL DL SERIES DYNALIFT® TELESCOPIC HANDLERS FEATURE INCREASED LOAD CAPACITIES
- GEHL DL SERIES DYNALIFT® TELESCOPIC HANDLERS
- Increased load capacities allow telehandlers to lift up to 12,000 pounds
- GEHL DL SERIES TELESCOPIC HANDLERS
- GENIE REDESIGNS ITS GTH-1048 AND GTH-1056 TELEHANDLERS TO MAXIMIZE JOBSITE EFFICIENCY
- GENIE ANNOUNCES DESIGN ENHANCEMENTS FOR ITS POPULAR GTH-5519 TELEHANDLER
- Genie Introduces New S-60 and S-65 Trax Telescopic Booms
- JLG Introduces Super Compact Telehandler
- Gradall® Telehandler for All Types of Construction
- JLG® Telehandler for Big Load Maneuverability
- Lull® Model 644E-42 Telehandler Features Accurate Load Placement
- SkyTrak® Telehandler Meets Operator Needs
- ATLAS Military Telehandlers
- ATLAS II Military Telehandlers
- MMV Military Telehandlers
- JLG Publishes Comprehensive Telehandler Accessories and Attachments Guide
- JLG Launches New 10,000 lb. Capacity Telehandler
- JLG Launches Two New Compact Telehandlers
- Telehandler™s transmission allows precise maneuvering
- Announcing the New MLT 735 Multi-Purpose Telehandler
- Heavy Lifters Up-Rated
- Extendo Series
- Traverse Series
- Speed Swing
- Detailed Speed Swing Specifications
- Cary-Lift 204
- Traverse T1157
- Pettibone adds a big dog to the boneyard
- Pettibone crowns 2009 telehandler skills champion in Vegas
- SKYJACK TELESCOPE BOOMLIFT
- Telescopic boom offers axle based four-wheel drive jib
- SKYJACK SOLIDIFIES DEALER AGREEMENT WITH HERC-U-LIFT FOR VR
Manufacturers of Telescoping Handlers:
- Bobcat Company
- Case Construction
- Caterpillar Inc
- Gehl Company
- Genie Industries
- JCB Inc
- JLG Industries Inc
- MEC Aerial Work Platforms
- Manitou North America Inc
- Mustang Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- Mustang Manufacturing Company Inc
- Pettibone Corporation
- Xtreme Manufacturing
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Total Landscape Care Magazine, and Total Landscape Care Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.