Trimble™s New AllTrak System Manages Construction Asset Usage and Reduces Loss
September 8, 2009
Have someone from Trimble contact you with more information Click Here
Category: Laser Instruments and Systems
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 24, 2009 - Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) today introduced the Trimble AllTrak Asset Management System for contractors to manage their construction equipment and tools such as drills, ladders, compressors, nailers, and consumables. With accurate tracking information about asset usage, contractors can increase their efficiency while confidently managing acquisition, maintenance, and eventual retirement of their tools, equipment, and other portable assets.
The announcement was made at the Trimble Building Construction Boot Camp 2009, a field-based, hands-on training event for the building construction industry.
Leveraging Proven Trimble Hardware with Innovative New Tracking Software
Construction contractors invest thousands of dollars annually on buying, renting, and servicing their tools and equipment. Trimble AllTrak increases the return on their investment by improving asset utilization and monitoring equipment to avoid loss or misplacement.
The Trimble AllTrak system leverages the wireless connectivity and barcode scanning capabilities of the rugged Trimble Nomad controller. Using the Trimble Nomad and Trimble AllTrak Mobile software, tool crib managers can perform essential transactions such as check-in, check-out, transfers and additions from anywhere. This advanced tracking information is particularly useful for managing rental tools and equipment and prorating costs. Users can set up visual and email reminder alerts for rental return dates and track total rental cost versus asset value ratios.
Users can also produce accurate real-time reports to identify inventory that is under utilized, at the end of its life cycle, costing money, or making money.
Trimble AllTrak is available now from select dealers in Trimble™s North America construction distribution network.
About Trimble”s Building Construction Business
Trimble”s Building Construction Division is a leading innovator of productivity solutions for the building construction contractor. Trimble™s solutions target site prep, general, concrete, mechanical, electrical and plumbing contractors on large and small commercial, industrial and residential jobsites. Trimble is focused on delivering solutions that tightly link office based process and information with the field crew”including taking Building Information Models (BIM) and other design data to the field for highly accurate positioning and layout of foundations and mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Trimble solutions provide a high-level of process and workflow integration from the design phase through to the finished project”delivering significant improvements in productivity throughout the building construction lifecycle.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location — including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit Trimble™s Web site at: www.trimble.com.
All Laser Instruments and Systems:
- Leica RedLine
- Leica Powerblade
- Next Generation Laser Scanning Software From Leica Geosystems Adopts CAD-Like Familiarity for Ease of Use, Speedy Results
- Introducing Leica DISTO A8 The World™s First Hand Laser Measuring Tool with Digital Zoom and Integrated Tilt Sensor!
- Leica Geosystems New Roteo 35 Rotating Construction Laser Device Combines Precision with Simplicity
- Leica Geosystems Introduces the Leica DISTO D2, the World™s Smallest Laser Measurement Device
- FC-120: Compact, powerful and affordable
- New Topcon laser adds value to visibility
- Topcon™s new laser scanner is affordable, perfect for field use
- Revolutionary asset mobile management tool
- Precision is key with two new grade lasers
- New laser family offers machine control upgrade path
- Trimble SPS730 and SPS930 Universal Total Stations
- Spectra Precision Laser Grade Laser Transmitters: Built for the Job Site
- Versatile Automatic Grade Lasers for Level, Grade and Vertical Alignment
- Spectra Precision Laser LL500
- Spectra Precision Laser LR30 Receiver
- Spectra Precision Laser CB30 Dual Control Box
- Spectra Precision Laser CB25 Control Box
- Trimble LR400 for laser based display systems
- Trimble Expands its Construction Layout Portfolio
- Trimble Introduces the New Excavator Depth Display System Designed for Compact Equipment
- Trimble™s New AllTrak System Manages Construction Asset Usage and Reduces Loss
- Trimble Introduces Digital Pen Solutions Designed Specifically for the Construction Contractor
Manufacturers of Laser Instruments and Systems:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Total Landscape Care Magazine, and Total Landscape Care Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.