Overcome Business Struggles
FROM Lauren Heartsill Dowdle |
February 19, 2013
Like many landscapers, Ken Noll, one of our Landscaper of the Year Finalists, had his fair share of struggles when starting his business, The Garden Kingdom, in Glen Carbon, Illinois.
After combining his creative vision and market savvy, he was able to build a company that grosses nearly $1 million annually.
Here are his five tips to his success.
1. Communication: Make sure all of your employees understand what’s expected of them and keep the employee manual current.
2. Don’t Be Afraid to Take Risks: Only through failure do you really grow
“It’s all about connecting with people and networking.”
3. Avoid Micromanagement: Train employees who complement your weak spots. Accept you are not good at every facet of the business.
4. Establish Multiple Sources of Income: Seasonal business equals seasonal income.
5. Listen: You will never learn anything with your mouth open.
To read the full article on Noll and his business, click here.
To learn how to become a finalist in Total Landscape Care’s Landscaper of the Year program, click here.