How To Build A Thriving Business
Sean Nutter, owner of Greenday Creations Inc. (GCI) in Miami, Florida, and one of our Landscaper of the Year finalists, offers how he has created a thriving business in a down economy.
Nutter’s 5 Tips for Success
1. Have it in your contract. “There’s no such thing as a typical contract, so you need to update it for each project. Make sure your clients read and understand the contract, and continue to communicate with them throughout the project.”
2. Keep marketing. “Don’t market less when the economy goes bad: advertise online, in magazines, on social media sites and with websites.”
3. Show, don’t tell. “With design software, you can make the client feel like they are in the landscape.”
4. Encourage word of mouth. “Referrals are what keep us in work. We will get calls from our clients’ neighbors after they see and hear about our work.”
5. Say thank you. “It’s important to keep your staff happy and let them know how grateful you are to have them.”
To read the full article on this landscaper, click here.
To learn how to become a finalist in Total Landscape Care’s Landscaper of the Year program, click here.
From our partners
When ranchers wage war on mesquite in West Texas, the Vail X…