Aquascape is getting ready to host the “World’s Most Extreme Pond Build” July 12-16, 2008, at its headquarters in St. Charles, Illinois. A select group of Certified Aquascape Contractors, Water Garden Excellence members and Authorized AquascapePRO distributors will gather to construct a 250-foot by 90-foot water feature.
Specifics of the event include:
· 1,400 tons of rock including some 80,000 pound boulders
· 300,000 gallons of water producing 150,000 gallons per hour running through 8-inch lines
· Five waterfalls from 24 inches high to 10 feet high, including one with a viewing grotto
· Trees, shrubs and perennials
· Equipment like the Toro Dingo, backhoes and excavators for participants to test
· Hands-on training sessions in areas like landscaping lighting, drip irrigation, paver installation and rain water capture and re-use
In addition to construction of the water feature, participants will take part in classroom seminars that cover topics including large-scale projects, maintenance programs, marketing strategies, advanced aquatic plants and fish and successful contractor and retailer relationships.
The “World’s Most Extreme Pond Build” takes the place of Aquascape’s annual Pondemonium event. Pondemonium will return in 2009 for a 10th anniversary celebration.