Cub Cadet Commercial is sponsoring Green Care for Troops in 2008, but additional resources are still needed. The program, in its third year, is facilitated by Project EverGreen to provide free lawn care to military families who have relatives serving overseas. Nearly 6,000 military families are part of Green Care for Troops, but with only 1,300 volunteers, more green industry professionals are needed to take part in the program.
Cub Cadet Commercial and Project EverGreen are encouraging those in the green industry to help in any of the following ways:
· Adopt one or two families to maintain their lawns this summer
· Set up equipment loaner programs for citizen volunteers
· Donate gas cards, money or transportation to help with rising gas prices
· Repair equipment for families who want to care for their yards, but do not have a working mower
· Raise awareness in your community about how to get involved
For more information on how to get involved with Green Care for Troops, visit www.projectevergreen.com and click on the Green Care for Troops logo, or call (877) 758-4835.