NDS, a California-based provider of stormwater management solutions, has introduced the S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solution. S5 is a scalable and flexible single-source solution that is engineered for high performance, offering up to 250 percent more detention volume than traditional gravel-only systems and qualifying for LEED credits.
S5 uses numerous NDS components, such as catch basins, channel drains and Flo-Wells, that are commonly used by landscape architects, civil engineers and environmental engineers. The system can be configured to meet a wide variety of residential and commercial applications.
S5 uses runoff reduction and quality enhancement to manage stormwater as close to the source as possible. “NDS has a long history of producing high-quality stormwater management products that are durable and designed for top performance,” says Sharon Vessels, the company’s director of marketing. “S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solutions reflect the best use of BMP’s (best management practices), efficiencies and impact-reduction to help achieve stormwater needs.”
Here’s a look at some of the benefits of the S5 system, according to NDS:
- Improved conservation – Conserves stormwater on site through filtration, detention and infiltration often caused by drought, pollution and storms that threaten the quality and quantity of clean water.
- Better management – Manages rainfall on site by mimicking pre-development hydrology as closely as possible and reducing downstream impact by using smaller, decentralized controls for filtration, detention and infiltration.
- Enhanced flexibility – Empowers planners to adapt the system footprint to the specific environmental conditions of an application. This enables preservation of a site’s unique features, rather than negatively altering a location with heavy-handed stormwater management infrastructure.
- Superior mitigation – Filters debris and other suspended solids and limits downstream erosion through detention and infiltration components that reduce peak overflows.
- Groundwater replenishment – Promotes subsurface recharge to balance groundwater withdrawal, helping to reduce the future impact of this limited resource in communities.
“As attitudes, education and regulations continue to evolve around proper stormwater management, NDS is committed to providing effective and innovative solutions for residential and commercial properties,” Vessels said.
NDS will play host to a webinar on the S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solution on Sept. 10 and again on Oct. 23; available times for both dates are 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon PDT. To sign up for a webinar or to learn more about the S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solution’s features, visit www.ndspro.com/S5.