Leitner Designs, a company based in Mission Viejo, California, has introduced a patent-pending rack system for light-duty trucks that may catch landscapers’ attention.
Called the “Active Cargo System,” or ACS, the product makes it possible to carry large items above the roof line, while its center load bar can be adjusted to make room for large items on the bed of the truck as well.
Leitner says its “Quad Rail” T-slot mounting technology allows “endless accessories” to be securely attached.
The ACS is available for full-size trucks with bed sizes of 5.5 feet, 6 feet, 6.5 feet and 8 feet, as well as for the 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma.
Leitner Designs provided the following details on the product:
- All aluminum, welded construction weighing 65 pounds.
- Simple no-drill installation (2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma).
- Rubber load pad to prevent damage to cargo.
- Fuel can mounting plates.
- Load stops to keep gear from shifting.
- Stainless steel tie down rings.
For more details, visit the company’s website.