The Multi-Ripper Tooth™ (MRT) is a new style rock ripping tooth designed for excavators and backhoes that allows the operator to easily rip rock, coral shale, caliche, decomposed granite, limestone, sandstone, asphalt or frozen ground with the maximum breakout force. The MRT is a new tooth design that allows the operator to focus the excavator’s full breakout force individually to each point of a twin tiger tooth, thus greatly improving the ripping effect.
Conventional twin tiger teeth have two points that help to rip rock; however, they are side by side so that when they come into contact with rock, the force is shared by the two points.
The two points of the MRT are positioned using the patent pending SHARC™ technology (Shanks on an ARC™) that places the points at staggered positions along an arc that has a center approximately near the bucket/stick pivot point. This allows the tooth to rip out a relatively flat bottom while focusing the entire excavator breakout on one point at a time.
The sides of the tooth are shaped so that the tooth can easily rip side walls of a trench and the shape has a self sharpening design.
The SPRB can be used on the Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. Multi-Ripper Products, or it can be used on a conventional bucket to provide increased ripping focused force.
The tooth will be available to mount readily to the existing Cat J460™ series tooth adapters. Other sizes will be available soon.
The advantages of the MRT are as follows:
- Focuses entire breakout force on one point at a time thus increasing ripping force.
- The points lie on an arc about the stick pivot so that the ripped bottom stays relatively flat.
- Can be used on Multi-Ripper Products™ or conventional buckets to help increase the ripping effect.
- Is made to be interchangeable with the Cat J460 series tooth style.
- Is designed with self sharpening sides that improve side wall ripping.