The introduction of the new Caterpillar® H35Ds and H45Ds hydraulic hammers means that compact equipment and mini excavator owners now have a full range of innovative hydraulic hammers designed by Caterpillar.
The H45Ds replaces the H45/H45s hammers. It is in the 300 ft-lb. class (power), up from the 200 ft-lbs of its predecessors, and provides 2,300 blows per minute. The H35Ds is a new offering that completes the full range of Caterpillar small hydraulic hammers. It is in the 150 ft-lb class and provides 2,900 blows per minute. Both hammers are matches for the 301.6C and 301.8C Caterpillar mini-hydraulic excavators. The H45Ds also matches with the 302.5C mini-hydraulic excavator.
In its family of small hydraulic hammers, Caterpillar now offers a range of energy classes from 150 ft-lbs to 700 ft-lbs.
The new hammers contain nearly 50 percent fewer parts than the H45/H45s. That means simplified maintenance and reduced owning and operating costs.
Other technological innovations on the H35Ds and H45Ds include the following:
- Simplified design to provide low owning and operating costs along with maximum performance, productivity, reliability, and durability.
- Enclosed housing to protect the power cell, eliminate side plate bolts, and reduce sound levels.
- Recoil isolation to protect the carrier from damaging reflective forces.
- Ultra-high blow rate for greater productivity in concrete and asphalt applications.
- High and low pressure accumulator to protect the carrier hydraulic system and assist the power stroke of the piston.
- Caterpillar design means the hammer is matched to a Caterpillar carrier.
- One-piece body eliminates tie rods.
- Two-position hose mounting optimizes hose routing.
- Single bushing design combines three bushings into one for a slip fit and the ability to be replaced in the field.
Standard sound suppression improves operator comfort and environmental protection. The new hammers are matched to current and next-generation Caterpillar compact machines.
For more information about the H35Ds and H45Ds hydraulic hammers, customers should contact their local Cat® dealer or visit the web site at www.cat.com.
H35Ds and H45Ds Specifications
|Recommended carrier weight||2,425-5,292 lb
|Working weight||231 lb (105 kg)||319 lb. (145 kg)|
|Impact frequency||800-2,900 bpm||900-2,300 bpm|
|Energy class||150 ft-lb||300 ft-lb|
|Acceptable oil flow||3.17-9.25 gpm
|Maximum Operating pressure||2,392 psi (165 bar)||2,392 psi (165 bar)|