STATESVILLE, N.C. – Doosan Infracore Portable Power has upgraded several models in its mobile generator portfolio to meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s current standards for mobile, off-highway, diesel-powered equipment. The portfolio now includes a total of 10 models ranging from 25 kVA to 570 kVA, all of which comply with current EPA emissions regulations in North America. All models are assembled at the Doosan Infracore Portable Power factory in Statesville, N.C.
The G25 and G40 are powered by Mitsubishi engines that are certified to EPA Tier 4 interim requirements in effect until 2013 when Tier 4 final standards become effective for this horsepower category. These new models, rated at 25 kVA and 35 kVA respectively, replace EPA Tier 2 versions with the same model designation.
The G70 and G90, rated at 72 kVA and 94 kVA respectively, are powered by John Deere engines that are certified to EPA Tier 3 requirements in effect until 2012 when Tier 4 interim standards become effective. These new models replace the G60 and G80 and feature as much as 24 percent higher output, in addition to cleaner emissions.
The G145, G185 and G240, powered by John Deere engines, and the G290, powered by Cummins, have been in production with EPA Tier 3 certification since 2007. These models, rated at 144 kVA, 183 kVA, 239 kVA and 290 kVA respectively, will continue until 2011, at which time Tier 4 interim standards for this horsepower category become effective.
At the top of the range are the G450 and G570, powered by Cummins and rated at 456 kVA and 570 kVA respectively, have been in production since 2007 with EPA Tier 2 certification, the current requirement for engines rated greater than 751 horsepower (560 kW). In 2011, the Tier 4 interim standard for this horsepower category becomes effective.
The Doosan Infracore Portable Power mobile generator range includes key features required by customers who demand a high-performance generator suited for use in construction, rental and specialty applications:
· The rugged enclosure is built from heavy-gauge steel and finished with a 13-stage powder-coat process to provide the ultimate in corrosion protection while ensuring quiet operation with noise levels as low as 66 dB(A).
· AREP (Auxiliary Regulation Excitation Principle) excitation gives Doosan Infracore Portable Power mobile generators best-in-class motor-starting capability, providing a key advantage to start bigger motors with smaller generators.
· Operator-preferred analog control panel is common across all models, simplifying control and monitoring of the generator and features remote start / stop capability standard.
· G25 through G185 models are standard with an innovative protection feature that prevents operators from switching voltage during operation – a common cause of downtime and expensive component failure.
· Units feature 24-hour onboard fuel capacity, plus an environmental containment system that can contain and prevent spillage of 110 percent of all fuel, oil and coolant volume.
· Units are built on heavy-duty skid bases and feature the toughest running gear components for safe and trouble-free towing, on- or off-road.
For more information, please visit www.Doosanportablepower.com.