KOMATSU ADDS D51EX/PX-22 TO ITS MID-SIZE DOZER LINE; FEATURING AN ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION WITH NEW SUPER-SLANT NOSE COUPLED WITH NEW CAB FORWARD DESIGN OFFERS CUSTOMERS IMPROVED VISIBILITY AND SUPERIOR RIDE; POWERFUL AND MORE PRODUCTIVE DOZING.
- The D51™s powerful Tier 3 certified engine produces 130 net HP.
- New Super-Slant Nose coupled with cab forward design provides improved blade visibility and ride.
- Smooth, Palm Command Control System controlled, Hydrostatic Transmission with Quick-shift and variable speed modes easily adapts for maximum productivity to varying worksites and job operations.
- Long track on ground for exceptional productivity and stability.
- Innovative rear-mount radiator with swing-up hydraulically driven fan provides easy access for cleaning and servicing of radiator, oil cooler and charge air cooler and reduces cab noise.
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. ” April 9, 2007” Komatsu America Corp. introduces the D51EX-22 and D51PX-22 crawler dozers ” mid-sized machines for work in construction, site preparation, home building, forestry, utility and quarry applications. Outfitted with Komatsu™s fuel efficient 6.69 Liter, Tier 3 emissions certified, SAA6D107E-1 engine, these new models push with 130 HP at 2,200 RPM and range in operating weight from 27,778 to 28,881 lbs, depending on version. Both standard (EX) and low ground pressure (PX) models are available to offer customers weight distribution/flotation options to match their application.
The D51 steering system provides smooth agile movement when dozing, even in gradual turns, permitting the D51 to approach dozing objects accurately in corner grading and sidewall operations. Ultimately keeping more material on the blade and making it a more productive machine. The D51™s large power angle tilt blade offers a capacity of 3.5 yd3 to 3.8 yd3. Komatsu™s low-effort Palm Command Control System (PCCS) is ergonomically designed not only to provide efficient operation, but also enhances operator comfort. The Palm Command Control System travel joystick allows the operator to maintain a relaxed posture without sacrificing control. The blade control joystick utilizes the Proportional Pressure Control (PPC) valve for fine control of machine operation.
A Hydrostatic Transmission That Molds Itself to Your Operators and Operation
Selection of either variable or Quick-shift Speed control allows the D51 dozers to achieve maximum efficiency during fine or rough grading operations with optimal travel speeds to match job conditions and operator preferences. Switching between modes is as simple as pushing a button.
When the Variable Speed Selection is selected, travel speed is adjustable through a 20 increment speed range. Travel speed is shown by an LED monitor display, and is controlled by utilizing the shift buttons on the PCCS travel control. The Quick-shift Speed Selection enables the operator to select three predetermined speed settings to work in to match job conditions.
Blade Visibility and Ride
The new cab forward, integrated ROPS / FOPS dozer cab, designed with large glass windows, provides more room for the operator and improves front, side and rear visibility, while increasing comfort. Internal cab air pressure and air filters prevent dust from entering the cab, and new cab damper mounts suppress noise and vibration when traveling over rough terrain.
Convenient Maintenance = Guaranteed Reliability
Knowing that maintenance is critical for successful equipment uptime, Komatsu has designed the D51 with easy routine maintenance in mind. Daily engine checks are grouped at the left hand side of the engine compartment for easy access. While the rear mounted swing-up reversible hydraulic fan allows for easy checking of the radiator, oil cooler and Charge Air Cooler. The D51 also boasts extended undercarriage life with the auto adjusting front idler guide, larger link and large diameter bushing for reduced undercarriage maintenance costs.
Other items aiding in maintenance efficiency and machine durability include:
- Hydraulic dynamic braking system, requiring less maintenance than conventional braking systems.
- Improved track life through increased bushing diameter, improved seals, longer link pitch and a lubricated track.
- Full steel casting dozer frame for rigidity
- Larger bolt-on blade center ball increases wear life.
- Central cab monitor is equipped with onboard diagnostics which help speed repairs.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. which is the world™s second largest manufacturer and supplier of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support the equipment. Komatsu has proudly been providing high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Visit our Komatsu dealer HERE.