In less than a month, the deadline to enter for PLANET’s Community Stewardship Award will come to an end.
Nov. 15 will mark the last day for those interested to enter and be recognized for leadership and dedication within the community.
“Community stewardship is demonstrated by carrying out and/or participating in community service projects,” according to PLANET’s website. “These projects may be industry related (green care for troops, improving or maintaining public or school gardens, other lawn/landscape/interiorscape/tree projects, etc), or non-industry related (walk/run, raising funds for the community, blood drives). The entry must demonstrate consistency over a minimum of a three year period.”
PLANET’s Public Relations Committee will select the recipient of this award. Work will be judged on the following:
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to volunteerism and community service;
- Detailed list of projects, donations, volunteer activities, and civic responsibilities demonstrating diversity and depth over the course of a minimum of a three year period;
- Short essay representative of one leading the community;
- Ability to demonstrate the value of the green industry within their community;
- Consistency in your leadership and community outreach.
View the entry form here.
For more information, contact PLANET at 800-395-2522.