On July 10 of this year, The Toro Company will celebrate 100 years in business.
As part of the year-long celebration, the company will be looking back at its achievements and successes.
The company has put together a timeline of its innovations and achievements as part of the celebration.
Here are a few of Toro’s achievements related to the landscaping industry:
- In 1924, Toro introduced its first power mower, the 30-inch Park Special walk-behind reel mower.
- In 1940, Toro introduced the 76-inch Professional, “the power mower with wings”. Additional 58- and 70-inch models were later added to appeal to both residential and commercial customers.
- In 1962, Toro acquired Moist-O-Matic, an irrigation equipment manufacturer in Riverside, California, providing entry into the underground irrigation business.
- In 1997, Toro launched the wheeled Dingo compact utility loader.
- In 2011, Toro provided landscape contractors with a line of turf renovation equipment, offering tools for aerating, overseeding and dethatching.
- In 2012, Toro introduced the innovative Evolution irrigation controller with smart control and USB functionality for future upgrades.
- In 2013, Toro’s TurfMaster 30-inch created a category of commercial walk power mowers.
Underground, Construction and Rental
- In 2000, Toro introduced the Dingo TX-compact utility loader.
- In 2010, Toro introduced the STX-26 hydraulic, tracked stump grinder marking the company’s entry into the tree care market.
- In 2012, Toro expanded its reach into the underground construction market by offering a lineup of concrete and masonry equipment, compaction products, vibratory plows, horizontal directional drills and riding trenchers.