Trees can do a great deal of good in the world, but do you really know how beneficial trees can be?
Davey Tree Expert put together an infographic detailing just how important trees can be.
Here are some of the tree facts:
1. Give water. An acre of maple trees can put as much as 20,000 gallons of water into the atmosphere each day.
2. Reduce noise. Did you know that trees help mask urban noise? It’s true! Trees effectively muffle urban noise by up to 50 percent, almost as much as a stone wall. A properly designed buffer of trees and shrubs can reduce noise by about 5 to 10 decibels. (USDA National Agroforestry Center)
3. Offer oxygen. Of course it’s commonly known that trees provide oxygen. But, did you know a single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year? That means just two mature trees provide enough oxygen for a family of four. (Carbonday.com)
4. Save money. Everyone loves to save some cash, right? Consider that over a span of 50 years, one tree produces $31,250 worth of oxygen, provides $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycles $37,500 worth of water and controls $31,250 worth of soil erosion.(USDA Forest Service)
5. Control carbon dioxide. One person exhales 10 tons of carbon dioxide every year, and that’s just not good for our environment. One single tree removes about 1 ton of carbon dioxide per year, and one acre of trees absorbs 2.6 tons on a yearly basis.