How to best market your business for success
When you first start your business, one of the biggest concerns is finding potential customers. But how do you do that — especially on a limited budget?
Here are 10 marketing tips from Andrew Pototschnik, founder of Lawn Care Marketing Expert.
Plus, check out and share the infographic at the bottom with marketing tips.
1. Tell everyone. Send a personal message to all of your Facebook friends in your target markets telling them what you do and ask them if them they need service or know anyone that does. Make them a special offer.
2. Setup a Google+ Local page. If you have tons of reviews and set it up correctly, this can be one of the most effective low-cost things you can to do to generate revenue.
3. Buy a domain name. Setup a professionally designed website built to convert visitors to customers that is easily updateable by you. This will be your No. 1 salesman. Treat it as such by constantly improving it and adding new content to a blog. There are a lot of freebie options out there, and if you have no budget, this may be the route you need to take initially. However, move to a professional website as soon as your budget allows.
Social media is the top way landscapers promote their business (36.5%).
4. Get video testimonials from satisfied customers. Use them on your website and marketing materials. Ask them if you can use them as a reference. Get a photo at the bare minimum. Text-only testimonials on your website are worthless.
5. Setup a Facebook page. Don’t invest a ton of time updating the page until you have a budget to advertise. Many other strategies are more effective for lead generation. It’s not a replacement for a website. You want to get leads off of Facebook and into your marketing database as quickly as possible. You have to pay Facebook to market to your followers.
6. Create professional door hangers. Feature a strong guarantee of your service. If you are a small company, feature a professional photograph of yourself and use a personal guarantee.
7. Knock on doors. Dress professionally, preferably with a logo’d colored shirt. Leave them a door hanger and/or magnet.
8. Reinvest new revenue into online marketing. Unfortunately, there is a financial barrier to entry when implementing an online marketing strategy. Be careful who you pay to do this. Too many companies will take your money and not get results
9. Create a social media strategy. For a complete guide on what you should be doing on social media, visit totallandscapecare.com/how-to-get-more-from-social-media.
10. Implement an email marketing strategy.
Read more about the best marketing techniques to use in your business in the October issue of TLC.