Husqvarna is all set for GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Kentucky this week with the introduction of two engines for professional zero-turn mowers, five products for the landscape series of handhelds and two professional walk-behind mowers.
Engines for professional zero-turn mowers
The introduction of two fuel-injected engines on select models of Husqvarna PZ and P-ZT professional zero-turn mowers gives users options that can reduce fuel consumption by as much as 20 percent or more*.
- Vanguard 810cc EFI is a closed loop system that constantly adjusts the fuel mixture to optimize power, improve throttle response and conserve fuel. It is available on the P-ZT 60 model.
- Kohler 824cc Command Pro EFI has a manifold design, closed-loop fuel injection and a dual spark plug configuration for superior performance, torque and fuel economy. It is available on the PZ 54, PZ 60 and PZ 72 models.
Professional handheld products (500 Series)
Husqvarna is rounding out its handheld product line by adding two brushcutters, two trimmers and an extended hedge trimmer to its family of 25cc 500 series.
- 525L and 525LDX professional trimmers
Each of the 500 series is equipped with Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine technology.
Landscapers will also notice increased productivity due to enhanced ergonomic features like heat shields and the LowVib floating throttle handle, which is designed to absorb vibrations.
The 525LDX has the ability to use multiple attachments.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 525L is $299.95; and the MSRP for the 525LDX is $399.95. Each is available in January 2015.
- 525RX and 525RJX professional brushcutters
The 525RX comes with an ergonomically designed harness and adjustable bicycle style handle. The 525RJX comes with a loop handle and blade kit.
Each of the 500 series brushcutters is equipped with a X-Torq engine, which are designed to reduce fuel consumption and emissions; features a grass bevel gear for parallel cutting; and comes with a Tap N Gotrimmer head in addition to the included blade.
The MSRP for the 525RX is $399.95; and the MSRP for the 525RJX is $429.95. Each is available in January 2015.
- 525HF3S extended hedge trimmer
The 525HF3S has the heaviest-duty gearbox of any Husqvarna hedge trimmer, and its fixed blade system, in the center of the shaft, is easier to control when sculpturing.
The MSRP for the 525HF3S is $439.95. It will be available in January 2015.
Professional walk behind mowers
The two additions to Husqvarna’s line of professional walk behind mowers are the W436 – featuring a 36-inch fixed, fabricated deck; and the W448 – featuring a 48-inch fixed, fabricated deck.
Each comes with the following efficiency or safety features, including: 5-speed transmission, Vanguard engine, assisted reverse, electric clutch and rubber M-ZT discharge shield.
The MSRP for the W436 is $3,799.95, and the MSRP for the W448 is $3,999.95. Each will be available in January 2015.
* When compared to standard PZ with a traditional carburetor engine under normal operating conditions