Two new compact excavators are on the market: the TC16 and the TC29 from Terex.
The excavators have Tier 4 Final Mitsubishi diesel engines with load independent flow distribution (LUDV). The LUDV distributes hydraulic power proportionally. They also include an auto-idling system, Knickmatic boom system for working alongside structures and treads intended for larger surface areas.
The neck cylinders are top mounted and are designed for high clearance. End-positioning cushioning are used for vibration reduction and comfort.
Here are specs for the individual excavators:
TC16 (above photo)
- 3,800 pounds
- Dig depth of 7 feet, 3 inches
- Maximum reach of 12 feet, 10 inches
- Bucket capacity is 0.74 to 3.2 cubic feet
- Broad rubber tracks with ground pressure of 3.6 psi
- 6,450 pounds
- Dig depth of 9 feet, 10 inches
- Maximum reach of 16 feet, 5 inches
- Bucket capacity is 1.34 to 3.88 square feet
- Broad rubber tracks with ground pressure of 3.69 psi