The new STIHL SR 430 gasoline-powered liquid-only backpack sprayer delivers a large spraying range, the manufacturer says, effectively reducing the time required to treat large areas.
STIHL says the SR 430’s high-performance pressure pump provides a constant flow of product with no loss of pressure, regardless of the spray angle. While the engine is running, the pump also continuously mixes and agitates the tank contents, delivering a more consistent application of product.
The company says its new sprayer is also comfortable to wear, featuring an anti-vibration system, soft rubber grips and optional chest and hip belt accessory to evenly distribute weight.
Thomas Techow, product manager at STIHL, says the new machine not only has more power than the STIHL SR 420 backpack sprayer, it also boasts a 20-percent greater spraying range, meaning it “saves one hour for every five previously needed to treat the same sized area” with the SR 420.
STIHL cites the following key features of the new SR 430:
- 7-gallon container allows professionals to work for long periods of time without stopping to refill.
- 33 percent larger container opening* can be filled easily without spills.
- Pre-installed pressure pump provides a constant flow of spray with no loss of pressure.
- The throttle trigger traveler limiter gives the operator the option to set the most effective throttle speed for optimal control of power and pressure.
- The single-lever control with simple starting procedure results in fast startups.
- Three different push-baffle screens allow for adaptable spray patterns and direction.
- A metering knob delivers five discharge levels to control power with a simple turn.
- High-quality backpack-style carrying system allows for comfortable work during long jobs.
- Anti-vibration system minimizes vibration levels and reduces fatigue.
- Soft rubber handle grip providing enhanced comfort and control while working.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price on the SR 430 is $649.95.