I was humming to myself “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough…” at the GIE show last week when John Deere introduced its new QuickTrak Stand-On Mowers.
Stand-ons have several advantages:
- They make quick, safe work of tricky hillside terrain and mounds.
- Great stability and operator positioning
- Compact design (more on a trailer and easier to use on small properties)
- Better sightlines than ZTRs
- Impressive maneuverability
The John Deere QuickTrak 600 Series provides a choice of 22 and 23.5 hp engines and 48,” 52” or 61” 7-gauge steel floating decks.
Cut adjustment runs from 1.5” to 5,” and the QuickTrak’s cast iron front forks look as if they can handle all the bumps and thumps you’ll encounter. Travel speed clocks in at 9.6 mph.
And as one operator says, “I absolutely love the visibility… Can see hazards before they find you.”