FAE’s new RCU-75 remote-controlled tracked carrier can mulch vegetation up to 6 inches in diameter while climbing slopes up to 55 degrees.
With the operator standing at a safe distance, the RCU-75, along with the BL2/RCU mulcher, can be used to safely clear hard-to-access areas and tough terrain, such as hilly wooded areas, near railroad tracks, power lines, gas and oil pipelines, roadsides, highways and waterways. (To watch a video of the RCU-75 in action, see the end of this story.)
FAE says the BL2/RCU mulcher’s fixed-tooth rotor and Bite Limiter technology provide higher productivity with less horsepower due to low power absorption.
The machine runs on a 74-horsepower Kohler Common Rail electronic fuel-injection engine. Its heavy-duty undercarriage features a hydraulic extendable and retractable independent track gauge system and an automatic tensioning system.
The engine is paired with a dual hydrostatic transmission that FAE says “provides better traction and optimal management of the attachment.” Electronically controlled piston pumps combined with a dedicated electronic control unit provide an integrated technological system.
High-profile rubber tracks, oscillating rollers and triple-flange style idlers allow the RCU-75 to maintain traction in difficult conditions. A steel track undercarriage option is also available.
The RCU-75’s remote control features a 3.5-inch display with customizable function keys. A 2.4 GHz transmission frequency ensures reliable communication, the company says.
The RCU range will be available in 2023.
Check out this video by FAE of the RCU-75 in action:
- After-treatment system DOC (RCU-75 TIER 4F) & After-treatment system DOC/DPF (RCU-75 STAGE V)
- Hydrostatic tracks transmission
- Hydrostatic attachments transmission
- Basic Load Control function
- LCD color 3.5” display on remote control unit
- LCD color 7” display on board
- Engine KOHLER KDI 2504 turbocharged and after-cooled
- Floating function
- Independent hydraulic variable track system
- Auxiliary hydraulic circuit for attachments
- High profile rubber tracks and bogie rollers system
- Combined aluminum cooler anti-clogging fins style
- Proportional and reversible fan system with hydraulic control
- Ergonomic joysticks controls
- Double remote-control batteries and on board battery charger
- LED working light
- Tilting attachment plate with quick coupling