Frank Scarborough, President of Snorkel, said: The AB46 is new to Snorkel customers, but this was an extremely popular model for UpRight, due to its class-leading specifications.”
“We have taken this excellent performer, reviewed all details of the product to ensure it lives up to Snorkel”s reputation for quality and reliability, and priced it very competitively. We are confident it will do extremely well in North America.”
The AB46 retains the most compact stowed dimensions in its class; the greatest up-and-over height in its class; and the exceptionally low profile turntable hood provides best-in-class visibility. It is offered as either electric 2WD or diesel-powered, 4WD for rough terrain work.
The AB46 has a working height of up to 52ft 9in (16.1m) and 24ft 7in (7.5m) outreach , with a 5ft (1.52m), 140° jib. Maneuverabilityis key, with a multi-functioning boom operation thanks to two separate pumps an exceptionally tight inside turning radius of 1ft 11.6in (0.60m)
The team of design engineers, led by Senior Design Engineer Gary Crook, has made a raft of further detail improvements to the AB46 which will be manufactured at the Snorkel factory in Elwood, Kansas.
Gary, who designed the original AB46 for UpRight, said: The AB46 was a class-leading machine, but there is always room for improvement. We have taken on board feedback from our demanding customers to make the best even better.”
The Snorkel AB46 design improvements:
- Stronger jib weldment for greater abuse tolerance
- Traditional pinion and swing bearing for swing drive replacing integral worm drive
- Helac rotary platform actuator
- Continuous top rail platform, 72″ x 39″ floor area
- Hand wired with relay logic control system for simple, low cost troubleshooting and repair
- Fully proportional controls for all boom functions (previously riser and telescopic were not proportional)
- Electric emergency lowering unit replacing previous hand pump lowering
4WD Diesel specific: