Cleveland ” The Lincoln Electric Company has enhanced its Vantage® 500 engine-driven welder with a new model in a compact case. Now, at the same dimensions as the Vantage® 300 and 400 models, the Vantage 500 Perkins® is ideally sized for truck beds where available space and weight capacity are limited. This new model is designed to handle the most demanding construction, pipeline, rental fleet or repair applications.
All Vantage 500 models feature a standard stainless steel roof and side panels for reduced maintenance and corrosion-resistance, as well as simple controls to minimize training time.
The Vantage 500 Perkins is powered by an environmentally friendly, four-cylinder, 1800 RPM Perkins turbo-charged diesel engine that runs smooth and quiet while meeting EPA Tier 4i standards. Its large 20 gallon (76 liter) fuel tank provides run time for an extended day 9 hours of welding at 500A/40V/100-percent duty cycle output, or 33 hours at high idle.
The Vantage 500 Perkins is also backed by a three-year Lincoln warranty, while the engine is warranted separately by the manufacturer.
A Multi-Process Apparatus
This engine-driven welder offers multi-process capabilities, including stick, TIG, MIG, flux-cored and the new arc gouging mode. With Lincoln Electric™s patented Chopper Technology®, this unit delivers superior DC arc welding performance, including easy starts, smooth arc action, low spatter and excellent bead appearance.
The machine provides 500 amps of pure welding power at 100-percent duty cycle or 525 amps at 60-percent duty cycle rated at 104 degrees F/40 degrees C.
The Vantage 500 Perkins is capable of producing up to 12,000 watts of continuous 1-phase AC generator power for common construction tools while simultaneously welding at up to 250 amps. Competitive products typically require upgrades when more than 4000 watts of auxiliary power is required. The machine also produces 20,000 watts of continuous 3 Phase 240V AC generator power to run a plasma cutter (compressed air required), pump or inverter welder for a second arc.
Other attributes of the Vantage 500 with compact case include:
- Simple operation Select one of five process modes CC-Stick, Downhill Pipe for CC-Stick, Touch-Start TIG® (DC), CV Wire or the new Arc Gouging mode. Then, just dial in the desired current or voltage.
- CC-Stick optimized for general purpose stick, including Excalibur® E7018 low hydrogen electrode.
- Downhill Pipe Mode with Active Arc Force Control Allows you to adjust the arc force control for a softer or more forceful, digging arc. Improved welding puddle control and deposition result in faster travel speeds, especially on fill passes.
- Touch-Start TIG (DC) Compared to common scratch start, this unit features standard Touch-Start TIG for easy arc starting that avoids tungsten contamination and the use of a high frequency generator.
- CV-Wire Excellent performance with cored-wire and MIG (CO2 and blended gas).
- Arc Gouge The Vantage 500 Perkins is capable of gouging with up to 3/8 carbon rods
- Sealed GFCI Modules Ground fault circuit interrupters are sealed from moisture and separate from the 120V AC power receptacles.
- Covered Receptacles Each 120V receptacle for the AC generator power has a spring-loaded weather-protective cover to keep the receptacle protected from the environment when not in use.
For more information on Lincoln Electric™s Vantage 500, call (888) 355-3213 or visit www.lincolnelectric.com to obtain Bulletin E6.214.