Ariens Company introduces the AMP Rider, an all-electric riding lawn mower that will provide as much drive and cutting power as a conventional gas-powered mower. The AMP Rider has no emissions, no belts, no oil and less noise than gas-powered mowers.
The move to design an electric riding lawn mower and market it through retail stores comes in response to the need for more alternative energy fueled equipment in the landscape industry, according to Ariens. The mower will be available in May through HomeDepot.com and select Ariens Dealers across the country. It will sell for a manufacturer suggested retail price of $3,299.
Features of the AMP Rider include:
· No gasoline-producing emissions
· 50 percent noise reduction over gas mowers
· Fully charges in 16 hours and runs up to 75 minutes on one charge
· Same power as conventional gas-powered rear engine riding mower
· Minimal maintenance: no oil, belts, gas to maintain
· Strong support network, with 2,000 Ariens dealers nationwide
For more information about the AMP Rider, visit www.ampbyariens.com.