Rain Bird named six finalists in its 2009 Intelligent Use of Water film competition. The finalists will be featured guests at a special screening event on Sept. 23 at The Getty Center in Los Angeles. Two winners will be awarded at the screening. The winner of the Jury Award will receive $6,000, and the winner of the Audience Award will receive $3,000.
New to the competition, the first annual Green Industry Award will also be presented to professionals who design, install and maintain green spaces while also aspiring to be filmmakers. The winner of this award will receive a $6,000 prize.
Film Competition Finalists:
· Do Your Part – filmmaker: Cyrus Ruiz and Ron San Agustin, Sunland, California
· Poor Mark – filmmaker: David Tuck, Austin, Texas
· Small Changes – filmmakers: Jennifer & Christopher Gandin Le, Austin, Texas
· More or Less – filmmaker: Mark Petersen, Boulder, Colorado
· One Single Bucket – filmmaker: Megan Schuyler and Diana Opong-Parry, Spokane, Washington
· The Saving Water Song – filmmaker: Keith Cantrell, McPherson, Kansas