The American Society of Landscape Architects has released its 2013 Awards Call for Entries for the 2013 professional and student awards, the premiere awards programs for the profession.
Award recipients will receive featured coverage in the October issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media.
Award recipients, their clients, and student advisors also will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Boston, November 15–18, 2013.
The award-winning projects will be featured in a video presentation at the ceremony and on the awards website following the event.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
- Thomas Oslund, FASLA, oslund.and.assoc, Minneapolis, Jury Chair
- James Burnett, FASLA, The Office of James Burnett, Solana Beach, Calif.
- Meg Calkins, ASLA, Ball State University, Muncie, Ind.
- Jeffrey Carbo, FASLA, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects, Alexandria, La.
- Claude Cormier, ASLA, Claude Cormier + Associés Inc., Montréal
- Kristina Floor, FASLA, SmithGroupJJR, Phoenix
- David Kamp, FASLA, Dirtworks, PC, New York City
- Nancy Levinson, Places Journal, San Francisco
- Christian Zimmerman, FASLA, Prospect Park Alliance, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Members of the student awards jury are:
- Mikyoung Kim, ASLA, Mikyoung Kim Design, Boston, Jury Chair
- Michael Blier, ASLA, Landworks Studio Inc., Boston
- Kerry Blind, FASLA, Pond & Company, Atlanta
- James Coffman, ASLA, Coffman Studio, Tempe, Ariz.
- Gina Ford, ASLA, Sasaki Associates, Inc., Watertown, Mass.
- Lucy Lawliss, ASLA, National Park Service, Colonial Beach, Va.
- Peter Osler, ASLA, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
- Inga Saffron, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia
- Cathy Simon, FAIA, Perkins + Will, San Francisco
Both the ASLA Professional and Student awards feature five categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Communications; and Research (the Professional Awards are co-sponsored by the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture).
The Professional Awards also include The Landmark Award, while the Student Awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Entry forms and payment must be received by:
- Friday, February 8, 2013, for ASLA Professional Awards
- Friday, April 26, 2013, for ASLA Student Awards
Submission binders must be received by:
- Friday, February 22, 2013, for ASLA Professional Awards
- Friday, May 17, 2013, for ASLA Student Awards
In need of inspiration? View the ASLA 2012 professional and student award-winning projects.