Financed construction equipment sales in December are not as high as last year.
At the end of 2012, used and new financed sales of construction equipment were trending together, according to Equipment Data Associates, a division of Randall-Reilly.
In December, 6,584 new units were financed, compared to December, 2011, when 7,084 units were sold. Used financed sales were at 6,356 units, compared to 7,758 a year ago.
New financed equipment sales never broke the 8,000 unit-per-month level during 2012. However, used equipment sales went above that level twice, in January and March.
Some of the top financed equipment buyers for December included these below.
- Deness Leasing, Frankfort, Illinois, buying 125 Caterpillar skid steers and 30 Cat wheel loaders.
- TCB Equipment Leasing,Wheeling, Illinois, 30 skid steers and 30 wheel loaders, all Caterpillar.
- AAE Holding, Providence, Rhode Island, 35 Skyjack aerial lifts
- T.K. Stanley, Waynesboro, Mississippi, 15 wheel loaders, eight crawlers and seven excavators, all Komatsu, plus three Deere industrial tractors.
- Arizona Pipeline, Fort Worth, Texas, 21 excavators and 21 industrial tractors, all Deere.