Designed to recognized landscape industry professionals who demonstrate a commitment to safety, the program is open to all landscape industry companies and branches.
Of the 158 companies that submitted entries, 359 awards were earned for the performance period from Jan. 1, 2012 through Dec. 13, 2012.
Some of the categories in the program include, “No Vehicle Accidents,” “No Injuries or Illnesses” and “No Days Away From Work”.
The “Overall Safety Achievement” award recognizes companies with high-performing safety programs. Companies eligible for this award demonstrate outstanding safety performance in the workplace based on fleet and employee incident rates.
Companies that achieved the “Overall Safety Achievement Award – Gold Level” status for the past three years earned the “Best of the Best” award.
- A Cut Above Landscape Management – Fortson, Georgia
- Ecolawn, Inc. – Eastlake, Ohio
- Fox Run Nurseries, Inc. – Alexandria, Virginia
- Greenleaf Services, Inc. – Linville, North Carolina
- Keep It Green Landscaping – Fair Lawn, New Jersey
- KIRA, Inc.-Mayport/RBOSII – Jacksonville, Florida
- Leo’s landscaping – West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- No Ka Oi Landscape Services – Hanapepe, Hawaii
These companies will be recognized during PLANET’s Green Industry Conference awards presentation and reception on Oct. 25 in Louisville, Kentucky.