Chevrolet has unveiled the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado.
The new Colorado will be available in the fall of 2014 as a 2015 model.
Each engine is tuned, tested and validated for truck use, and each features direct injection and variable valve timing.
A 2.5L I-4 is standard, and a 3.6L V-6 is available, and each is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Colorado is expected to offer a payload capacity and trailering capacity of more than 6,700 pounds (3,039 kg).
Colorado will also offer a Duramax 2.8L I-4 turbodiesel already offered in global markets that makes 180 horsepower and 346 lb-ft of torque.
The 2015 Colorado’s configurations are an extended cab model with a 6-foot bed, a crew cab with a 5-foot bed and a crew cab with a 6-foot bed. With the tailgate down, the 6-foot bed allows hauling of 8-foot-long items.
WT, LT and Z71 trims are available, all in 2WD or 4WD. It also features a gunmetal grille surround, projector headlamps and 17-inch aluminum wheels.
Featuring triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides, the Colorado has an aluminum hood and grille shutters.
Chevrolet will continue to work on and develop the Colorado until the start of production in 2014.
- Standard CornerStep rear bumper design
- Available EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar
- Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to split the bed into upper and lower sections
- Thirteen standard tie-down locations throughout the bed
- Standard bed rail and tailgate protectors
- Available factory-installed spray-in bed liner
- Eight-inch diagonal color touch screen (LT, Z71) and multiple USB drives
- A 3.4-inch diagonal driver information screen in the instrument cluster
- Available next-generation OnStar and MyLink enhancements with gesture recognition and natural language voice recognition
- Available navigation
- Six standard air bags, including head side curtain air bags designed to help keep occupants from being ejected in a crash
- Large rearview mirrors and standard rear-vision camera system
- Available segment-first application of forward collision alert
- Available segment-first application of lane departure warning
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with rollover mitigation, trailer sway control, hill start assist and hill descent control (Z71).