With July only being a month away, the Irrigation Association is gearing up for its annual Smart Irrigation Month campaign.
The Irrigation Association encourages the industry to promote the message of Smart Irrigation Month leading up to and during the month of July.
Industry professionals can get involved by:
- Advise homeowners, businesses, growers and other users about simple ways to increase water-use efficiency.
- Educate irrigators and other customers about water-use efficiency, sustainability and smart stewardship.
- Encourage industry firms and professionals to promote smart irrigation practices and technologies to customers.
- Help water providers minimize peak water use and reduce demands on infrastructure in their communities.
- Grow demand for efficient irrigation technologies, products and services.
Individuals can get involved by using free resources on the Smart Irrigation Month website, which includes logo artwork, articles, press releases and public service announcements.
For the first time, the Irrigation Association is hosting a Thunderclap crowd-speak campaign that will send a unified message to supporters’ Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr pages on July 7.
Additionally, supporters can enter the 2014 Smart Marketing Contest where companies of all types are invited to participate. Entries will be judges on messaging, creativity and integration of the Smart Irrigation Month mission.
Contest submissions must be received by Friday, Aug. 29. Participating in the contest is free for IA members and is open to nonmembers for a $250 fee. This fee can be applied toward IA membership dues.
Winners will be recognized during the 2014 Irrigation Show & Education Conference in Phoenix, Nov. 17 – 21.