Organizers are in full swing getting ready for this year’s 2014 Irrigation Show & Education Conference set for Nov. 17-21 in Phoenix, Arizona.
The show will highlight a variety of topics in irrigation and water management through education, certification, networking and new technologies.
The discounted, early-bird registration is available through Oct. 17.
Some of the show’s highlights include:
The Irrigation Show kicks off Monday, Nov. 17, with a variety of education classes, seminars and technical sessions for agricultural and landscape/golf irrigation. Attendees can earn continuing education units toward IA certifications for each session they attend.
- Master basic and advanced techniques with 25 half-, full- and two-day classes.
- Apply best practices and “how-tos” from more than 10 one-hour seminars.
- Discover the latest research at 40 short technical sessions.
- Learn about global regulations, practices and sustainability initiatives at the half-day International Agriculture Irrigation Summit.
Seminars, technical sessions and the summit are free with the purchase of a full registration; education classes are priced separately and are not included in the full registration fee. Each class registration includes a free exhibits-only pass, including exhibits, the new product contest, show floor presentations and general session.
All seven exams are being offered in Phoenix. Certification exams require advance registration and a separate fee; registrations include a free exhibits-only pass, including exhibits, the new product contest, show floor presentations and general session. Register by Oct. 31.
Other Show Highlights
At the Irrigation Show, attendees can meet and mingle with hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of fellow irrigation professionals. Specialized show pavilions, the new product contest and show floor sessions feature the latest innovations, trends, best practices and initiatives in water conservation and efficiency. Highlights include:
- More than 300 exhibitors for irrigation and related products.
- Recent market introductions at the new product contest.
- Show pavilions hosted by the International Professional Pond Companies Association and American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association.
- Oasis in the Desert opening night party (full registration required).
- Blending Borders international reception (full registration required).
- “Turf Talk” roundtable discussions on business management issues for contractors.
- Common interest group meetings for landscape contractors, water features and lake management, and manufacturers’ representatives.
- Series of 30- to 45-minute sessions on water management trends, business issues and industry initiatives.
General session keynote speaker Lowell Catlett, PhD, is a regents professor in agricultural economics and business and extension economics and dean of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at New Mexico State University.
Catlett will discuss how technology innovation, changing demographics and new consumer expectations will drive future growth in agriculture, manufacturing, services and healthcare. Other highlights will include an IA update, industry awards presentation and announcement of the new product contest winners.