Bobcat Company has awarded $500 grants to eight North Dakota and Minnesota elementary and middle school classrooms.
The money will go toward focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM.
The grants were given during the first “Doosan Discovery Grant” initiative.
The Doosan Discovery Grant program helps support educational enrichment and classroom development in STEM areas.
Bobcat invited 42 accredited elementary and middle schools in North Dakota and Minnesota – located where Bobcat has offices or production facilities – to apply.
Schools receiving Doosan Discovery grants include:
- Centennial Elementary School, Fargo, North Dakota (received two grants for separate fifth-grade classrooms)
- Cheney Middle School, West Fargo, North Dakota
- Park Christian School, Moorhead, Minnesota
- Light of Christ Academy, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Horizon Middle School, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Wachter Middle School, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Hutchinson Middle School, Hutchinson, Minnesota (located near Bobcat Company’s Litchfield, Minnesota, facility)
The schools and classrooms can use the grant to help with a variety of projects dealing with STEM. Projects will be completed during the 2014-15 academic year.