Landscape contractors may want to devote an hour on April 8 to an Irrigation Association webinar titled “Methods and Materials for Restraining Pipes and Fittings.” The online training is set for 2 p.m. EDT and the cost is $25.
Participants can earn one continuing education unit toward an IA certification.
The session will be led by Brian Vinchesi, an agricultural (irrigation) engineer and president of Irrigation Consulting Inc., an irrigation design and consulting firm. Vinchesi has 32 years of irrigation design experience in the turf, landscape and golf sectors. He is responsible for field evaluation, construction administration and project management.
Vinchesi will discuss the various options available for restraining irrigation pipe and their associated fittings, both above and below ground. Topics to be covered include the following:
- Thrust blocking.
- Joint restraint.
- When restraint is required and when it is not.
- Various types of pipe and how their restraining requirements differ.
- How different types of restraint should be installed.
- Calculations for proper sizing of restraints.
- Why restraint is needed.
- Consequences of not restraining the pipe and fitting system.
To register for this Irrigation Association webinar, click here.