STIHL has added three professional edgers to its product line, the FC 91, FC 96 and FC 111. Promising high blade speed, long run times and durability, STIHL says the low-emission machines boast 710cc fuel tanks, providing 30 percent longer running times than their predecessors.
The new line of edgers features a vertical pleated paper air filter, which, according to STIHL, not only provides better filtration but also extends replacement intervals and improves service life.
The manufacturer says landscape workers will appreciate the one-touch stop and particularly the simplified starting procedure enabled by the semi-automatic choke lever.
“This line of edgers from STIHL is ideal for the demanding professional landscaper’s edging tasks,” said Marvin Mathwig, product manager at STIHL Inc. “Whether touching up existing walkways or creating new lines in dense, compacted soil, this line of edgers helps achieve a clean, finished appearance.”
The following features are shared by all three models in the new line:
- “IntelliCarb” compensating carburetor automatically compensates for reduced air flow when air filter begins to clog to maintain desired RPM while cutting.
- Solid steel drive shaft on FC 96 and FC 111 and flex shaft on FC 91 are designed for professional grade durability and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Professional design “open” deflector to minimize clogging.
- “Mudflap-style” debris deflector is split, giving users the ability to follow the various contours of lawns and paved surfaces.
- Adjustable depth wheel allows user to adjust the wheel to the desired cutting depth for precision cuts.
- Ergonomic handles provide a comfortable grip on the edgers; multi-function control handle allows easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle.
Milwaukee Tool launches its first open-, closed-reel long tapes
Milwaukee Tool says its new Open-Reel and Closed-Reel Long Tapes – the company’s first – were designed to address common user frustrations with long tapes in a product both durable and accurate.
“One of the most frequent concerns with today’s long tapes is their tendency to jam during use due to debris on the blade being taken up into the mechanism. This causes long tapes to fail prematurely, which contributes to downtime on the jobsite,” said Brandon Miller, group marketing manager for Milwaukee Tool. “Our industry-first, patent-pending ‘Grime Guard’ blade-cleaning system features a wiper that keeps dirt, mud and other jobsite contaminants out of the housing and internal components of the long tape as it’s reeled in – providing a much longer life for the tool.”
Milwaukee Tool says both its 100-foot and 300-foot Open Reel Long Tapes include reinforced metal handles and a gear system that distributes force evenly, putting less stress on internal components.
Exclusive to the Open Reel Long Tapes, the company says, is a proprietary blade manufacturing process that combines a steel blade with extruded nylon coating. This design provides 50-percent less stretch and, according to Milwaukee Tool, best-in-class accuracy and blade durability, lengthening blade life up to 10 times.
The product number for the 100-foot is 48-22-5201 and it sells for $29.99. The product number for the 300-foot tape is 48-22-5230 and the price is $49.99.