Recently, nine landscapes maintained by BrightView in San Diego were recognized as the 2016 Beautification Award winners by the California Landscape Contractors Association’s (CLCA) San Diego chapter.
Licensed landscape contractors that work to conserve water while continuing to maintain beautiful landscapes are annually recognized by the San Diego chapter.
First place awards were presented to BrightView for Commercial Maintenance Small on the ViaSat property, for Watersmart Landscape Maintenance on the Caramel Mountain Town Center property and for Commercial Maintenance Large on the Intuit property.
Achievement awards in the categories of Commercial Maintenance Small, Watersmart Landscape Maintenance, Turf Conservation Small, Commercial Maintenance Large and Multi-Unit Maintenance Large were given to BrightView as well.
“The Intuit property is a large, active campus installed by BrightView Landscape Development and has been maintained by BrightView Landscape Services, including tree care by BrightView Tree Company,” said Brian Maynard, BrightView’s Regional Key Account Manager. “This secure campus, with its many outdoor amenities, highlights a very large Mediterranean plant pallet. Through the state’s drought years, this site has continued to flourish, delighting the third-party ownership group and the tenant.”
For its work on The Alexandria at Torrey Pines property, BrightView was given the Judges Award for Best Overall Maintenance.
“The project that won the Judges Award has a unique design using many outdoor areas designed for biotech tenant’s use,” Maynard said. “The landscape plantings were designed to create different venues, including informal gardens, bocce ball courts, dry stream beds and subtropical areas that all utilize low-water plants. Outside meeting areas allow tenants to use the outdoors as an extension of the building offices.”
The Texas Nursery & Landscape Association also recognized BrightView Landscape Development with its Texas Excellence in Landscaping awards. BrightView says that judging is based on difficulty, craftsmanship and attention to detail.
BrightView’s Texas Development team won Gold Awards for the green roof installation done at the University of Texas at Austin’s Dell Medical School and for its work at the Seaholm Power Plant renovation.
The American Society of Landscape Architects, the Pacific Coast Builders Conference and the Greater Sales and Marketing Council recognized BrightView Design Group for six different projects in California. The award-winning properties include:
- Escenia at Rancho Mission Viejo, in Trabuco Canyon: Master Planned Community of the Year, Greater Sales and Marketing Council; Best Social Media Campaign, Greater Sales and Marketing Council.
- Ascent Apartments, in San Jose: Best Multifamily Housing Community Merit Award, Pacific Coast Builders Conference.
- Beacon Park at Great Park Neighborhoods, in Irvine: Excellence in Design Merit Award – Parks & Recreation, American Society of Landscape Architects; Best Community Site Plan Merit Award, Pacific Coast Builders Conference; Residential Housing Community of the Year – Master Plan, Pacific Coast Builders Conference; Best Special Promotion, Greater Sales and Marketing Council.
- Cressa at Portola Springs, in Irvine: Best Design Studio, Greater Sales and Marketing Council.
- Fiano at Pacific Ridge, in Newport Coast: Residential Housing Project of the Year – Detached Product, Pacific Coast Builders Conference.
- Pavilion Park at Great Park Neighborhoods, in Irvine: Excellence in Design Merit Award – Parks & Recreation, American Society of Landscape Architects.