With the demand for better battery-powered equipment continuing to grow, Echo Incorporated has responded with the introduction of the company’s new cordless platform, the Echo eFORCE 56V Battery System. This line will be available in early 2022 and includes 10 units, two batteries, and two charges.
“As trends in the landscaping industry continue to evolve, Echo remains on the forefront of innovation,” says John Powers, director product management, Echo, Inc. “Our new eFORCE 56V Battery System is the best of both worlds as this lineup leverages all things Echo's gas products are known for, such as massive power, user-friendly commercial-grade features, and an ergonomic, lightweight design — but in a battery-powered option.”
The Echo 56V 2.5Ah and 5.0Ah lithium-ion batteries are high-voltage cordless batteries that are equipped with eCM technology to provide heat, charge, and discharge management.
The eFORCE cordless lineup
The eFORCE 56V cordless lineup includes a 12” top-handle chainsaw and 18” rear-handle chainsaw; a 16” string trimmer and 17” string trimmer; a 21” self-propelled three-in-one lawn mower; a 549 CFM handheld blower; a 22” hedge trimmer; a 17” brush cutter; two pro attachment series trimmers; two batteries; and two chargers.
- The 12" Cordless Professional Top-Handle Chainsaw is ultra light weight; has a patented Quick Draw harness ring; and uses a 2.5Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 18" Cordless Rear Handle Chainsaw features a flip-lever oil cap for easy removal; has a metal bumper spike for greater control; and uses a 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 16" Cordless String Trimmer has hi/lo speed settings; is lightweight with a cushioned handled grip, and uses a 2.5Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 17" Cordless String Trimmer has three speed settings; features increased torque for superior cutting performance; and has a 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 21" Self Propelled 3-in-1 Lawn Mower has seven position, single-level height adjustment; features a 3-in-1 discharge that allows the user to mulch, bag, or slide discharge; and uses a 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 549 CFM Cordless Handheld Blower has an airspeed of 158 MPH; a variable speed trigger; and uses a 2.54 lithium-ion battery.
- The 22" Cordless Hedge Trimmer features 22" double-sided steel blades; has a one-foot cutting capacity; and uses a 2.5Ah lithium-ion battery.
- The 17" Brush Cordless Brush Cutter has three speed settings; increased torque for superior cutting performance; and uses a 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery.
Better battery power for improved adaptability
Those who have tried battery-powered options in the past might have found crews didn’t adapt easily. But Powers says this line is different.
“Professional landscapers who are familiar with using Echo's class-leading products will find that our eFORCE lineup is an easy transition, as they have many of the same components and features as what they’re used to,” he explains. “With a full lineup of 10 new units, the 56V eFORCE platform delivers the performance that users have come to expect from the Echo brand.”
These products were introduced to the media during a live online event. But landscape professionals attending GIE+EXPO from October 20 to 22, will have the opportunity to learn more about the eFORCE lineup and demo the products themselves. Echo will have both an indoor booth (#5112) and an outdoor booth (7451-D).
For more information, you can also visit https://www.echo-usa.com.