Pine Hall Brick, manufacturer of clay brick pavers, hired a new executive and made five promotions.
- Jack Lauer, who has joined the firm as director of finance
- Ted Corvey, who was promoted to vice president of sales and marketing
- Preston McMillan, who was promoted to vice president of technical services
- Harold Beaty, who promoted to local sales director
- Walt Steele, who was promoted to paver business manager
- Maguin Murguia, who is adding the role of customer service manager to his duties as transportation manager.
Lauer, a Winston-Salem native, comes to Pine Hall Brick from GBF Inc. in High Point where he held a similar position. He is a graduate of Fairleigh Dickenson University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Lauer is a CPA.
Corvey, an Ohio native, has been with Pine Hall Brick Company for 19 years. He is a graduate of Miami University, where he earned bachelor’s degrees in finance and economics and Case Western Reserve University, where he earned a master’s degree in business administration-marketing.
McMillan joined Pine Hall Brick 29 years ago after receiving an engineering degree in ceramics from Clemson University. He held numerous plant operation positions in the past including management over face brick and paver brick manufacturing. He and his family live in Stokesdale.
Beaty, a Winston-Salem native who has been with Pine Hall Brick Company for 21 years, holds a bachelor’s degree from Duke University and a master’s in business administration from Wake Forest University.
Steele, a Winston-Salem native, has a degree in industrial engineering from Clemson University. He has worked for several companies, including Dow Chemical, prior to joining Pine Hall Brick Company.
Murguia, a Stoneville native who has been with Pine Hall Brick Company for 16 years, holds a bachelor’s degree with honors from Guilford College.