While mobile phones have come a long way over the years as far as improving communication on jobsites, some companies are still sticking to the two-way radios.
Forestry Suppliers has offered five reasons why two-way radios might be a better solution that using a mobile device.
1. Continued service during emergencies. It’s National Safety Month, and two-way radios can be an important safety tool for your organization year-round. In the face of an emergency or disaster, two-way radios continue to function even when mobile phones and land lines can fail. Plus, you can contact every team member instantly without dialing separate phone numbers.
2. Durability. Two-way radios are designed to be lightweight but extremely durable. There’s no need to purchase an additional protective case. In fact, most models are built to military and IP specs. When you drop two-way radios, the polycarbonate housing does not crack or break, which is important whether you are in an office or in the field. Plus, battery life for industrial two-way radios spans from 12-26 hours, depending on the model.
3. Cost-effective. With two-way radio communication, businesses can use resources efficiently and productively. Two-way radios do not require monthly fees, service contracts, or calling minutes. Businesses using two-way radios can also save time, paperwork, and money by avoiding employee cell phone reimbursements. Finally, in most industries, teams and work shifts cut costs by sharing radios, rather than one radio or phone per employee.
4. Clear communication. Two-way radios are designed for clear audio communication in harsh conditions, with features such as wind-noise reduction and high durability that meet military standards for resistance to vibration, extreme temperatures and moisture.
5. Easy to use. With touch-button talk communication, two-way radios are intuitive to use and reduce time needed for training. Models within the RM and RDX series of business radios also feature cloning capabilities that let you copy one radio’s settings to additional radios quickly and easily.