The Irrigation Association has named its winners of its 2014 awards, which recognizes individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the irrigation industry.
The winners will be honored during the general session at the 2014 Irrigation Show & Education Conference slated for Nov. 17-21 in Phoenix.
The Awards and Honors Committee reviewed 25 nominations this year, selecting winners in all five categories.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Crawford Reid Memorial Award: James “Jim” Roberts (awarded posthumously)
Crawford Reid Memorial Award recognizes significant achievements in the promotion of proper irrigation techniques, procedures and industry advancements outside of the United States.
- Industry Achievement Award: Richard Reinders, Reinders, Inc. (Elm Grove, Wisconsin) Industry Achievement Award recognizes an individual from an industry firm who has made outstanding contributions to the development of the irrigation industry.
- National Water & Energy Conservation Award: Southern Nevada Water Authority (Las Vegas)
National Water & Energy Conservation Award is presented for significant achievement in the conservation of water and energy relating to irrigation procedures, equipment, methods and techniques.
- Partner of the Year: Denne Goldstein, Irrigation & Green Industry (Reseda, California)
Partner of the Year is awarded to a person or group making exceptional contributions in areas related or integral to the irrigation industry.
- Person of the Year Award: Lawrence Schwankl, PhD, University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (Visalia, California)
Person of the Year is awarded to an individual outside of the irrigation industry for outstanding contributions toward the acceptance of sound irrigation practices.