CENTS Marketplace & University is opening with pre-con sessions Jan. 6 and continues Jan. 7-9 with a CENTS University 2015 tradeshow, as well as a three-day education program that includes educators, authors, industry leaders and business professionals.
The program features presenters in sectors which include:
- lan Baldwin. An international consultant for garden retail and hardware industries, who specializes in profitability, strategic planning, training and financial analysis. At CENTS, Ian will show retailers how to be competitive, earn higher margins and build loyal customers in the retail sector. Ian will share his 34 years of experience to “make more money with less stress.”
- Peter MacDonagh. Director of Design & Science, Kestrel Design Group, LEED AP, FASLA, and Registered Landscape Architect in seven states and one Canadian province. At CENTS, Peter will share his global expertise in low impact development, urban forestry, stormwater management and green roof technologies. Peter will share the skills needed to tap new green-technology markets in the commercial and residential sectors.
- Tony LoBello. The Design Director for Mariani Landscape, who has created landscapes across Greater Chicago since 1987. At CENTS, Tony will share best practices for leading a team that sells, designs, plans, installs and maintains award-winning residential, commercial and municipal landscape projects.
- James Urban. ISA, FASLA and recipient of ISA’s Award of Achievement for long-term contributions to arboriculture and ASLA’s Medal of Excellence for his contributions to the profession of landscape architecture. At CENTS, James will encourage professionals to shift practices/paradigms as they explore new roles growers, buyers and designers can play in planting, specifying and cultivating healthy trees for urban and residential landscapes.
- Kirk Gibson. Sales Skills Development Manager for Doosan lnfracore Construction Equipment, Bobcat Company and Gibson Consulting. At CENTS, Kirk will teach leadership skills and the TRUST Selling methodology to team members at every level. Kirk shares how to communicate effectively while generating sales results and building long-term relationships with team, business sector and customer base.