Through an inaugural research program with the Propane Education & Research Council, eight U.S. golf courses are testing alternative fuel turf equipment.
The 12-month demonstration program will lease propane-powered turf equipment to participating courses chosen for their commitment to environmental practices, including:
- Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Fernandina Beach Golf Club, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- Marriott Desert Springs, Palm Desert, California
- Renaissance Vinoy, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Columbus Municipal Golf Courses, Columbus, Ohio
- Reston National Golf Course, Reston, Virginia
- George W. Dunne National, Oak Forest, Illinois
- Willows Run Golf Course, Redmond, Washington
Each course will receive four pieces of R&R Products’ propane-powered equipment, including the Reel Max 331LP finish cut reel mower, Reel Max 744LP 5-gang fairway mower, Versa Green 2200 riding greens mower and Sand Max 521LP utility vehicle.
The courses will record and report performance data, such as fuel savings to PERC throughout the trial period.