JCB North America held its annual “Celebrating Success” event to recognize employees who have made outstanding contributions to the company’s success in 2017.
It also celebrated major employment anniversaries in the past 12 months. The event was held at the company’s headquarters in Savannah, Georgia, and 250 employees attended.
It recognized the service anniversaries of more than 60 employees, including two 30-year service award recipients, Steve Fox, president of direct sales and product, and Chris Harrison, development engineer. JCB also recognized 40-year veteran John Carter, an aftermarket sales specialist.
“JCB’s success in North America is the result of meaningful and significant contributions by hundreds of our teammates in Savannah, and across the United States and Canada,” said Richard Fox-Marrs, president of JCB North America. “Our annual ‘Celebrating Success’ event gives us the opportunity to recognize individuals and teams whose contribution in 2017 was truly exceptional. It also allows us to show our appreciation for employees who achieved service milestones in the past year.”
Below are the 13 individuals and teams who received JCB’s 2017 Excellence Awards:
- Customer Focus: Leah Grafton – machine supply supervisor
- Best Kaizen: Evelyn Ruff – HMEE team lead
- People Champion: Chris Trampush – manufacturing group leader
- Best Sales Professional: Alex Wood – regional sales manager
- Safety Award: Jay Way – PC group leader
- Best Apprentice: Ramon Gonzalez – apprentice
- Best Apprentice Mentor: Benjamin Tounge – skid steer quality technician
- Best Team: National Accounts – Rebecca Bryson, Ben Coleman, Amanda Deloach, Russell Durand, Bronwyn Hollis, Jim Hockaday, Bill Marks, Maeve McPhail, Brett Mitea, Glenn Patten, Caitlin Sears, Patrick Smith, Melissa Stafford, Andrea Whelan, Mark White
- Best Team: Teleskid Engineering – Stephen Ackermann, Marshall Adams, Brian Barolet, Paul Belfield, Paul Bigoney, Douglas Branham, Douglas Davidowski, Shaun Fields, Wayne Flynn, Bhagat Gundu, Justin Haddock, Christopher Harrison, Douglas McIlwain, Jason Middleton, Christopher Nierenhausen, Jeffrey Sapp, Richard Waterfall, Ben Williams, Dustin Yearicks
- Outstanding Contribution: Nicola Dunion – Purchasing Buyer
- Outstanding Contribution: Benefits Team – Jennifer Stewart and Kim Hinds-Barrow
- Spirit of JCB: Brian Abel – General service manager, Direct Sales
- Spirit of JCB: West Coast Launch Team – Nathan Burnham, John Carter, JP Moncada, Josh Nielsen, Nigel Talbot-Smith, Amy Thomas
“JCB employees are innovative, professional and leaders in their fields,” Fox-Marrs said. “Those recognized today exemplify the qualities that have made JCB a leader in our industry and will ensure JCB’s continued success and growth in North America.”
Ferris receives gold level award from EDA for third straight year
The Equipment Dealers Association (EDA) has awarded Briggs & Stratton Corporation its Gold Level Award for its Ferris commercial mower products.
EDA’s detailed dealer-manufacturer relations survey had 2,371 dealers participate this year and they rated manufacturers on a scale of one to seven with one being extremely dissatisfied and seven being extremely satisfied. The categories dealers rated included: product quality, parts availability, product availability, product technical support, warranty payments and manufacturer response to dealer needs/concerns.
“Dealers recognized Ferris with exceptional ratings in all categories and we will continue to incorporate their feedback into our product offerings moving forward,” said Dan Roche, marketing director – commercial products. “Commercial landscapers have come to expect high quality, innovative mowers, parts and dealer support from Ferris. We are committed to providing performance, productivity and durability.”
EDA members reported improvements in Ferris’ warranty procedures and the level of technical support. Ferris recently introduced a flexible limited warranty for all commercial riding mowers. In the first two years, mowers have an unlimited hour warranty and then it has a 500-hour or four-year warranty, whichever comes first.
A customer support portal provides technical support 24/7. Dealers also indicated they were pleased with the quality of Ferris mowers.
John Deere Gator XUV models earns engineering award for innovation
The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) has recognized the new John Deere Gator XUV835 and Gator XUV865 with the AE50 Award for 2018.
This award highlights the year’s most innovative designs in product engineering in the food and agriculture industry and is determined by a panel of international engineering experts.
The new UTV models were introduced in 2017 and are designed to provide comfort for those working all day in off-road conditions no matter the season.
The Gator XUV835 is a gas-powered model and the Gator XUV865 is a diesel-powered model.
“When designing the new Gator utility vehicles, customer comfort was top of mind,” said Tim Ulschmid, project engineer for Gator utility vehicles. “The XUV835 and XUV865 provide ample room for three-across seating and offer our quietest and most comfortable cab with heating and cooling for year-round weather protection.”
The awards will be presented at the ASABE Agricultural Equipment Technology Conference in Louisville, Kentucky in February.