As we begin to near the holiday season, this is always a great time to think about giving back.
In addition to donating funds to your favorite charities, you might consider giving your time and resources as a landscaping company. Time is a precious commodity, but giving back can require as little as an hour.
Here’s two big reasons to volunteer:
- Volunteering encourages charity, teamwork, and empathy among your team, increasing employee happiness
- Volunteering brings visibility to your company to your area without costly marketing techniques
Here are just a few ideas for volunteer resources.
1) Feeding America: Going to the local food bank to sort food is a simple way to tackle poverty in your area. This volunteer opportunity makes a difference in just one hour of sorting.
2) Habitat for Humanity: This organization is the perfect fit for landscapers as there are multiple ways to give back.
The "Brush with Kindness" program works with new Habitat homeowners who need maintenance and repair services. Landscapers, exterior renovators and repair companies offer their services in this program.
If you’re crunched for time, you can donate materials to your local ReStore.
3) NALP: The National Association of Landscape Professionals hosts Renewal and Remembrance every July. Because of the pandemic, this past year's event looked a bit different but was still a wonderful opportunity for landscapers to give back. Plan ahead to help in July 2022.
No matter what opportunity you choose, make sure it’s meaningful to you and your employees. This ensures maximum benefit for your business.